Saturday, March 26, 2016

Mario Is Missing! (Super NES) - The Speedrun by __sdfg


From the video description...

Q: whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
A: I don't know how jokes work.

Q: How do you know where to find the Koopas with artifacts?
A: The Koopas' spawn locations are determined by the order in which Luigi visits the cities. Since I follow the same route every time, I know where the Koopas will be.

Q: Why do you visit the cities in that weird order?
A: I believe it yields better spawn locations than I would get from visiting the cities in a more natural order, enough to make up for the extra time spent running between doors. I still need to plan and run a couple natural-order routes to confirm this, however.

Q: How do you answer the questions so fast on the first floor?
A: The curators ask the same questions in the same order as long as I follow the same route on the first floor. I memorized the inputs for answering those questions. On the second and third floors, some of the questions are random, so I have to stop and read many of the menus.

Q: Why do you wait to cross the street at the beginning of San Francisco (and a few other places)?
A: The game prevents you from crossing a street, going into a pipe, or opening the plumber's toolbox during the post-stomp animation for a Koopa with an artifact.

Q: How much faster do you think you can get this?
A: Sub-21:30 is definitely possible with this route. However, I don't plan to go for it.

Q: Why not go for sub-21:30?
A: I'm really tired of the game.

Q: What would a 100% run entail?
A: Luigi's computer tracks which of the clues he has received in each level. The game also records which photos Luigi has taken. Therefore, 100% would require reading all of the brochures, asking every NPC every possible question, and taking a photo of every landmark. Nobody should run that category under any circumstances.

Q: Do you plan to run any other educational Mario games?
A: No.

Q: What about Hotel Mario?
A: Please stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment